Pot smokers celebrate on “420” and this year Easter falls on April 20th, otherwise known as 4/20. The crossover of Easter with the day commonly celebrated with marijuana has caused hilarity through the Internet in the days leading up to the holiday. Huffington Post made a “Are you Celebrating Easter or 420” quiz The Examiner made a list of the reasons that the holidays should be joined forever, and in preparation for the holiday there was even an ad featuring Jesus holding a sandwich and smoking a joint.
Most of the memes for this holiday crossover involve Jesus either smoking or with a pot leaf. Many simply reference the fact that the holidays are on the same day, but the phrase “blaze it and praise it” was featured on many images.
Let’s take a look at those memes!
- The most popular image
- and the awesome psychedelic remixed version
- High on Jesus
- Blaze it and Praise it
- How can you praise if you don’t blaze
- Easter and 420 are alike in this way
- 4/20 Easter Brunch is Smokin
- Where are the easter eggs?
- Twitter/Tumblr Trend of Easter Eggs with Weed in Them #1
- Easter Eggs with Weed #2
Finally, we have my amused reaction to all this nonsense.